Thursday, November 11, 2010
Tavern in Progress
So after taking some of the advices during the proposal, I came up with something like this. Here is something that is LESS clean lol, lots of more stuff will be added on top and maybe some on bottom, like sticky notes, football jerseys, football stuff, etc. etc.... This is just so you guys can see in which direction im heading off now. The content of course will be using Jimmy's alignment and layout from his last post..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

im liking the direction you guys are going in now more but it looks u still need more stuff in the top, but good job ; )
ReplyDeleteThis mock up looks great, much more in line with the feel of the Tavern. I like that you will be including some of the fun memorabilia from around the place, it adds a unique feel to the site. If you are planning on using sticky notes, which would be great for the daily specials and so on, I think it would be fun to utilize the cork board on the dart board at the bottom, or possible exploring a chalk board, like what they have in the bathrooms. That might be an interesting idea for the blog page, if you are including one, so that people could post on the chalkboard like they do at the Tavern. Anyways great progress since the proposal. _Jenessa
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys are working in the right direction. The site feel more welcoming and less sterile. I like how you have incorporated some of the elements along the top. Im sure with a little tweaking the site is going to look great.
ReplyDeleteOne thing that bothers me is the font choice. I think I told Jimmy this last week but the type looks like an attorney's office. I know its part of their "identity" but maybe there is a better option to go with. The clean, slick lines classes with the homey feel you are going for.
I agree with the others, this looks way better. You're keeping that clean, organized look of the first layout but giving it a more personal look that reminds me of the Tavern way more. I think the switch to green was a smart choice also, that dark blue seemed out of place to me, this is much more welcoming and in line with USF without being overkill. I like that the wood texture is more visible in the navigation bar as well. Sweet!
ReplyDeleteSO MUCH BETTER! I really enjoy this now. Unlike the proposal, this actually looks like the Tavern. It really has that feel now. I stand by what I said before, and make the back of the contents to be that textured white wall they have in the building.
ReplyDeleteI think your incorporation with all the elements of the tavern make the site, as well as your color scheme, it makes it feel like a pub. Good work, maybe a lil photoshop tweaking of the scarf towel thing it looks photoshopped in.
ReplyDelete