Saturday, November 20, 2010

Drop down expandable menu - DONE

So... as the tedious coding slowly takes on somewhat of a similar resemblance to our design, I decided to have an expandable dropdown menu for the food items under the "MENU" page of our website.  I followed this tutorial : http://www.tutorials-db.com/articles/Coding_a_Smooth_CSS_Expanding_Navigation/

and created the drop-down menu. Now it's cool and all, but when you first load the page, all of the items that are to be expanded appear already in their expanded form. It really annoyed me because it is not supposed to behave like that, logically atleast, what's the point of an expandable menu if it loads in its expanded form initially?!?! So in order to solve this problem, I had to actually go through the javascript part of it all and actually COMPREHEND what it does and how it does it........ After an hr of staring at it I finally comprehended it and tweaked it a bit so it initially loads in a collapsed form... A small 1:0 for Alex vs the website. Other than that - Me and Jimmy decided to split up the coding part, he would do the content coding, and I will go on to creating the Wordpress theme for the Events page of our website!!!! Peace.

6 comments:

  1. i like the idea of your drop down menu but does an image show up before you click on an option bc the screen shot your showing us dosent... i think it should have something so its not blank, in our situation we just put either images from the menu or in our catering ex we talkked about prices and process then when you click on a menue item (for ex ur drop down option) to take you somewhere else aka that part of the menu.... so im prob suck at explaining that lol i tell u in class lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am really liking this new design of the website! it feels more tavern-y. the dropdown menu is looking awesome, super job! the only thing that has me a little off is in the banner, next to the scarf, is that tiling of the image... which just kind of throws me off and i keep staring at it. perhaps expand the image and div to allow more to be shown when the window is at full screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the additions that you made in the back. Great job at incoporating themes from the actual tavern.

    site looks clean/ less coporate-ie, easily navigatable. and colors reflect the place, as well as USF.

    nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mah boy, mah boy! You done good! :D It's looking more and more like the tavern with each passing day. I like it. I do agree with James though. The part where the tiling restarts is very distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh that sounds like a nightmare! Congratulations on figuring out the issue with the expandable drop down menu though. Good job! I like how friendly the site appears now with the dart board and extra elements at the top. It looks like more of a place that people would want to hang out at and not just eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw it and i think it looks really good. Once you put the pictures in then you can really start to see the professionalism take hold and be comfortable with everything. Troubleshooting as you did is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Followers