Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tom (The Tavern guy)

We went to the tavern, Thursday morning, to meet with Tom, the owner of the Tavern. He was pretty cool, and we brainstormed for a little bit, got more info on what style he is looking for, what assets & pages the website will contain. We pretty much reached consensus on making a site with the USF feel to it, containing delish pictures of the stuff off of their menu, possibly having a news page which will probably be a blog, a contact page (duh), a gallery for the events that go on in that place aaaaaaand some more stuff. So all in all, it went good, he also offered us some free beer but due to the fact that it was like 9 AM we kindly declined lol... we are meeting with him again on Tuesday to possibly have a photoshoot of the staff or their food, or both...

9 comments:

  1. I'm in shock, you guys declined the free beer? it'd be fun to have a photo of a USF tour guide going through the tavern with new prospective students and their parents "Yup, this is the place your child will be hang out before, between and after classes." Just kidding...

    It seems you guys are making a lot of progress, NICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the idea of having a news page as a blog, it will make it easy to update when the client has full reign of the website.
    and i like the idea of making it feel like the usf website, but maybe not too much likeness (due to the fact that usf may not want to promote alcohol) but i think with the color scheme and other elements it could look pretty cohesive. good luck with the photoshoot of the food! it's sometimes hard to make food look as good in photos than it is in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So I am glad you guys chose to go with the Tavern after all. I am so excited to see the end product. So what kind of feeling and style is Tom wanting aside from the fact he wants it within the USF realm? I think of the site being interactive, illustrative and sun not really simple and basic. I was just curious what road you guys were thinking of taking.

    I agree with James about having a blog for the news. It would make life a lot easier for the client while still being effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be interesting if you found a way to contact the people who run/set up the USF website or blackboard and have them add a link for the tavern, kinda like they do for the library and gym... just an idea it would also look good for your resume

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like any pictures of food on menus is a good thing. Actually seeing it always makes you want it more, which is obviously how they want their customers to respond I'm guessing. I was trying to create a cooking blog for my brother, so I was taking pictures of food he made; I found that food photographed best on really light and natural colors. Also, I feel like using depth of field makes food photography look pro! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. News page as a blog will be great because it will be easy to update for them, very good idea. Having on the site the special of the day would save a walk, im glad these folks will be having a site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's awesome you guys are making a site for the tavern. One thing I would love to see incorporated is the random chalk boards in the bathroom. There are so many kitchy great things about the tavern that would be interesting to highlight. Giving people a place to upload tavern photos might be interesting but I could see how it would run the risk of cluttering up the upload space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys are making good progress. How will you be treating the site visually? Will you be incorporating images of the tavern or going for something more abstract?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hold up. HOLD UP. U declined free beer? What the hell is wrong with you people?

    ReplyDelete

Followers